There are some decisions in life that need to be taken with a lot of care and deliberation – while you might choose someone for a haircut based on a whim, choosing someone for a transplant can never be the same. When you are choosing someone to do a hair transplant for you, the choice needs to be based on a lot of research, proper knowledge, and a good deal of understanding. You will need to spend a good amount of time not only understanding what a transplant entails but also who would be the best person to do it for you!
Choosing a transplant surgeon goes beyond just good reviews and some solid testimonials – you need to factor in several other points. Here are the 5 main points that you need to keep in mind while making your choice:
- The very first point of consideration needs to be you looking for an experienced hair transplant surgeon in Delhi or whichever city you are in. Many a time, finding this detail should be easy enough through the internet, but you can also ask someone who has undergone a transplant and can offer you the details you are looking for. Alternatively, you can shortlist a few surgeons who have good reviews online and then visit them personally to get more information, firsthand. You need to make sure that you look for surgeons who have plenty of years of experience and have a large number of successful procedures under their belt.
- In order to get the kind of experience you are looking for, having the proper education would be the first step – this means that you need to make sure that you are choosing to go with someone who has the requisite education and has more than just a basic degree. Ideally, the surgeon you are considering should have a graduate and post-graduate degree, along with some sort of specialization. The more qualified the surgeon is, the better the chances of your procedure being successful.
- Now while the educational qualification of the most experienced hair transplant surgeon in Delhi is one thing, it is also important to understand if the said surgeon has the required certifications and licenses. Not only is it essential to be affiliated with the appropriate boards, but also to have all their licenses and certifications updated and upgraded, as and when required. This is essential because the surgeon needs to be in tandem with the latest innovations in the field and also constantly keep learning and improving.
- When you are getting a hair transplant done, you will initially spend a lot of time with the surgeon, first trying to get your extent of hair loss gauged. It will be based on that judgment that the type of transplant will be chosen for you and once you have locked in on the procedure, you need to make sure that you pick a surgeon who has expertise in the same. There might be surgeons who claim to be good at all procedures, but when you want perfection, you will want a surgeon who has gained expertise in that particular process. It would be wise to confirm that your specific surgeon has that expertise!
- Finally, while the talent and expertise of the surgeon are important, they would be helpless without a proper clinic at their disposal. A proper procedure room, that has been fitted with not only the most modern machines but also equipped with all the tools that the surgeon would need to complete the hair transplant efficiently and effectively. Moreover, a surgeon will not complete the procedure on their own – a properly trained team is often required for the smooth completion of each session.
While these are the most important factors that you need to keep in mind while trying to finalize a transplant surgeon for yourself, it is just as important to ask for references; the more they can provide the better the surgeon probably is. You should also ask for before and after images because that will help you gain a better idea of how good they are. And no matter how experienced the hair transplant surgeon in Delhi that you have chosen is, they should be able to make you feel comfortable at all times – whether it is answering all your questions and queries, or it is making you feel comfortable during the procedure!