Vernonia cinerea, also known as mourning bride or ironweed, is a flowering plant in the Asteraceae family. Some species are known as ironweed. Some species are edible and of economic value. They are known for having intense purple flowers. Sahadevi is a feng shui plant that is said to bring good luck and fortune. It is also said to help purify the air and bring positive energy into the home.Sahadevi is a sacred plant having spiritual and astrological importance in Indian traditions. According to Vastu Shastra, Sahadevi plant is said to attract divine positive energy and help to get rid of any evil power, thus purifying the mind, body and soul. Since ancient times, this plant has been burned at auspicious ceremonies to bring positive energy. Some also believe Sahadevi plant can correct any astrological issues in your kundli. This herb also has its valuable place in Ayurveda due to its anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, digestive and soothing qualities. It is called Sahdebi or Sahadevi in Hindi.
The plant grows to be about 2-3 feet tall and has small, purplish-blue flowers that bloom in the summer. The leaves of the plant are lanceolate and have a fine-toothed margin. The plant gets its name from the Greek word verna, meaning widow, due to the plant’s tendency to grow in disturbed areas such as roadsides and graves. The leaves of the plant are used to make a tea that is used to treat a variety of conditions. The tea is used to treat stomachaches, diarrhoea, and constipation. It is also used to treat fevers, malaria, and headaches. The tea can also be used topically to treat wounds and skin conditions. Traditional Sanskrit names of Sahdevi are Uttamakanyapatra, Dandotpala, Kesarika, Devasaha, Mrugadani and Devarha. Planting Sahadevi in East corner or North corner of your house removes Vastu dosh & enhances the house with prosperity. Sahadevi is bitter in taste and dry in nature. It is easy to digest and has high potency. All the parts of this shrub can be used for medicinal purposes. Leaves, roots, seeds and stem are largely used for preparing medicines.
- The seeds of Sahadevi plant are useful for treating urinary problems in adults and children. Painful urination and renal problems can be done away naturally with this small shrub. Renal stones can also be broken down by this miraculous herb.
- The paste of the leaves and stem is prepared and applied over the wounds and swelling as treatment.
- Charaka has mentioned that Root of this herb is tied to head to reduce fever. The root is known to accumulate nickel, zinc, copper and manganese in it
- Skin issues like boils, blisters and skin infections are not very pleasant to bear. Sahadevi is helpful in managing these kind of skin problems and is also a good blood purifier. The leaves of this plant bring relief in skin troubles. Skin infections which can be healed with the use of sahadevi include many diseases like skin problems, ringworm and herpes.
- Sahadevi is a feng shui plant that is said to bring good luck and fortune. It is also said to help purify the air and bring positive energy into the home. Can be grown in any indian climate or weather conditions. No need to apply any external food for your plants.
- The anti-diarrheal property of sahadevi helps in treating diarrhoea. It is a simple, natural cure for diarrhoea in humans. The stomach spasms, abdomen pain and indigestion are also relieved with the help of sahadevi. Vishama Jwara – Root powder internally and external application on forehead is abeneficial in intermittent fever. Netrabhishyanda – Flower paste is applied on closed eyelids to relieve inflammations in conjunctivitis. Anindra – Root is tied or paste is applied on fore head and on scalp for treating insomnia.
- We provide best packaging for your live plant that will be safely delivered to your doorstep .
Note: You Will Get 1 Beautiful Plant Potted in a 3″ Plastic Pot