If having attained a positive skills assessment from VETASSESS, you may be helped in getting work in your occupation. You will be provided with an Employability Assessment and access to subsidized training.
This program is for those who already live in Australia but are not working at their skill level despite having had a skills assessment in a priority occupation.
At VETASSESS, you can be provided with this service if you have attained a successful assessment from VETASSESS from 1 January 2019 in one of the below-given occupations:
- Agricultural Consultant
- Agricultural Scientist
- Civil Engineering Technician
- Civil Engineering Draftsperson
- Corporate Services Manager
- Gymnastics Coach or Instructor
- Internal Auditor
- Marketing Specialist
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Research and Development Manager
- Swimming Coach or Instructor
- Urban and Regional Planner
- Veterinary Nurse
There are two parts to this offer:
A free employability assessment will help identify if some additional training might help you attain employment in your occupation. It could, for example, be some literacy or digital skills training.
A referral to a training organization can assist you in getting extra skills. The country’s government will pay most of the cost.
The following are the eligibility criteria:
- You have achieved a positive skills assessment in a priority occupation from VETASSESS on or after 1 January 2019 and have held it for at least a period of 12 months.
- You are doing a paid job that is below your skill level at the time of submitting your Application Form.
- You have worked for at least 40 hours per fortnight within the last month. It includes the work you have done with more than one employer.
- You are living in the country at the time when you apply.
- You are on an eligible permanent visa subclass.
- You are not registered as a job seeker or have an active referral with Workforce Australia, Disability Employment Services or the Community Development Program.
- You have not previously completed or withdrawn from a Pilot3-Employability Assessment.
You may get subsidized training. After the employability assessment, you can enroll in approved training that has been recommended for the development of your employability skills. The Australian Government will contribute 90% of the cost of training, up to a maximum of $3,000 (GST exclusive). You will be required to contribute 10% of the cost of training (or any amount above $3,333) if you agree to take the training.
To be kept in mind: VETASSESS can only provide this program to an applicant who has already attained a positive VETASSESS skill assessment.
If you have your assessment from another assessing authority, you must contact your assessment authority.