Who hasn’t heard of Everest!! Moreover, trekking to the Everest region is super popular around the whole world. There are literally a bunch of treks possible in the Everest Region. Among those, we have listed three fantastic treks in the Everest area with their major attractions.
- Island Peak Climbing with Everest Base Camp Trek
- EBC Chola Gokyo Lake Trekking
- Premium Everest Base Camp Trek
Island Peak Climbing with Everest Base Camp Trek
A fantastic fusion of trekking and climbing in the Everest region is Island Peak Climbing with EBC Trek. This trek takes you on a single journey to both Island Peak and the iconic Everest Base Camp. For first-time climbers and mountain lovers, this trip presents the ultimate peak-climbing experience. The Island Peak, or Imja Tse as it is often known, rises like a stunning island of rock and ice surrounded by glaciers and peaks with 8,000 and 7,000 meters in height. The ascent to Island Peak’s summit at 6,189m, one of the simplest trekking peaks in Nepal, requires a traverse through the glacier and moderate snow and ice climbing.
Major Highlights of Island Peak Climbing with Everest Base Camp Trek
- Adventurers who want to engage in both the trekking and climbing experiences at once can consider the Everest Base Camp Trek with Island Peak Climbing.
- If you have some basic mountaineering abilities, you can conquer Island Peak.
- With its impressive and heavily glaciated west face rising from the Lhoste glacier, Island Peak (6,189 m/20,305 ft.) is the most popular peak to climb in the Everest region.
- From the Island peak’s summit, you can see 360-degree panoramic views of mountains including Mt. Everest, Makalu, Nuptse, Lhoste, and Amadablam right in front of our eyes.
2. EBC Chola Gokyo Lake Trekking
The EBC Chola Gokyo Lake Trekking excursion departs from the commonly traveled paths in the Everest Base Camp region. You will travel via the breathtaking Chola pass (5420m) and serene Gokyo Valley on this trek. Gokyo Valley, at a height of 5,357 meters, is situated at the base of Gokyo Ri, whereas Everest Base Camp is nestled at the base of Mount Everest. The path to Everest Base Camp with Gokyo Lake Trek is difficult and adds to the challenge, making it more alluring for experienced trekkers.
Major Highlights of EBC Chola Gokyo Lake Trekking
- The breathtaking view from the Gokyo Ri will mesmerize visitors.
- You can also partake in the Dumje festival, which takes place in April, and Mani Rimdu Dance, which is performed in Sherpa monasteries, while on the trek.
- Another charm of this trek is the tranquil group of Gokyo lakes. You can view the turquoise Gokyo Cho (Dudh Pokhari), Gyazumpa Cho, Thonak Cho, and other lakes.
- The route is challenging and circular so you don’t have to take the same route back.
3. Premium Everest Base Camp Trek
Including both a trekking and heli tour, the Premium Everest Base Camp Trek is a special Everest package. This luxurious Everest base camp package has been created with your time restraints in mind.
Major Highlights of Premium Everest Base Camp Trek
- Flights to Lukla on a charted helicopter followed by a return to KTM.
- Custom itinerary that allows for additional acclimatization and a gradual approach.
- Get more time to enjoy the breathtaking vistas and fantastic photo opportunities of Mount Everest and the other peaks.
- Offering amazing highlights of the Everest region with a well-paced itinerary, fully supported and guided base camp trekking, and the best lodging for the entire trip.
Everest region has so much to offer to the world. These three treks are a few among those. Trekking in Everest region is a unique adventure that you won’t regret. We wish you a great trekking experience.