Personality is the fundamental feature of individual humans. It is our essential character and personality characteristics that are present from birth. They shape our daily living; depending on the type of personality trait one has, they accord with beliefs and motivations as well as emotions and behaviors.
People with high levels of extraversion tend to be sociable and enjoy being around other people. They like to talk about themselves and their feelings often. They will also go out of their way to try and make new friends. People with low levels of extroversion may find it difficult to initiate conversations with strangers or find it hard to relax in social situations. Introverts tend to be more reserved than extroverts, preferring less interaction with people than the former group does. They may become uncomfortable when there are too many people around them or too many distractions from their work or hobbies.
A research study by psychologists suggests that we can change our personality traits provided we want to change them.
1) Be patient with yourself. Your personality is not something that just happens overnight; it develops over time. It will take time for you to become who you want to be.
2) Be aware of your thoughts and feelings. Pay attention to things that make you feel good or bad about yourself. Notice what makes you happy and what makes you sad. When you begin to notice these things, it will help you understand who you are as a person and how others perceive you as well as your own view of yourself.
- Be open-minded: Being open-minded is the first step towards developing your personality. Being open-minded means being ready to accept new things without any hesitation or doubt. You should be ready to accept new ideas and try them out if they seem interesting enough.
- Learn from others: The best way to learn something new is by learning from others who have already experienced it before you do. You don’t have to copy them either; rather, copy their positive behaviors and avoid copying their negative ones!
- Have a positive attitude: Having a positive attitude in life will make you more confident about yourself and help you deal with difficult situations better than those who don’t have one!
- Be patient: Patience is an important quality that every person needs in order to live a happy and successful life! If you lack patience in certain situations then it may affect your performance at work
- Develop your strengths and skills. This is not just about finding out what type of work appeals to you; it’s also about understanding why certain career paths appeal to you over others. For example, if you have a lot of interests in photography or writing, then it might be worth exploring those areas further in college or during your career path today or tomorrow.
- Try new things – It’s important to try new things in life because it helps develop your mind and body as well as expand your interests and experiences. If you want to develop a new skill or interest, take classes at school or join clubs related to that interest. If there isn’t anything like that at school or at home, consider joining a community center where you can participate in activities related to your interests (such as sports).
- Don’t worry about perfection – Perfectionism puts limits on achievement by causing people to stop trying, because they are afraid of making mistakes and looking foolish in public. It also causes people to become disillusioned when they can’t achieve their goals. The secret is to learn from your mistakes, but not dwell on them.
- Never give up on your dreams and goals! If something seems too good/difficult/impossible for your age group, then it’s probably because someone else has already accomplished it before you did; so why would anyone expect you to be able to do it? You may just need a little more practice at something before you start getting better results. Don’t let anything stop you from pursuing what you want out of life!
For the Personality Development Course. Visit The Talk Room. The Talk Room is a centre for personality development tips, courses and individual counseling. The Talk Room’s main objective is to help individuals in their life changing journeys, to discover who they really are and the various opportunities that lie ahead.